Most recent HTC devices are supposed to be updated within the next weeks.
There’s no doubt that HTC is among the most punctual companies to push firmware updates to its Android devices, and after the upgrade to Gingerbread of all eligible smartphones a new round of updates is ready to go. We are not yet talking about Ice Cream Sandwich, which won’t be available before the first months of 2012, but rather of updates to the HTC Sense and other small improvements. Since the information comes from HTC Turkey dates may be different for other countries, but the list should still be appreciated by the many customers of the Taiwanese vendor. Keep reading for the full roadmap.
- HTC Desire HD: Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense 3.0 – December 15th;
- HTC Desire S: Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense 3.0 – December 15th;
- HTC Incredible S: Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense 3.0 – December 10th;
- HTC Wildfire S: Android 2.3.5 with HTC 2.1 and new lockscreen – December 10th;
- HTC ChaCha and HTC Salsa: update to improve wireless and Twitter – December;
- HTC Flyer: Android 3.2 Honeycomb – December.
We noticed that the HTC Desire Z is missing from this list, and while it’s understandable that the HTC Sense 3.0 may be too heavy for it, we hope it will also receive the new lockscreen like the HTC Wildfire S to make happy its many users.
via HTC Turkey